Thursday, June 2, 2011

Covetting: Celine Luggage Tote

Some people call Phoebe Philo a genius. What with her transforming French luxury fashion house Céline from a second league brand into a front runner, especially after its unfortunate dip since Michael Kors. But when I saw the Luggage Tote, I don't think she deserves to be called a genius. For me, she is a Visionary.




The simple aesthetics, spacious compartment and sturdy form of this lush-leather beauty adds up to one handbag that can only be described in one word: timeless. The small hot-stamped logo in gold completes the look of the bag perfectly. It is a sophisticated and elegant way of putting the artist's signature on a masterpiece without making it seem like it's screaming "Look at me! Look at me!" (Yes, dear Monogrammed LV, I am talking to you).




With the use of suede, leather, and texture pattern stamps, the versions of this handbag has caught the attention of many Hollywood A-list stars and top supermodels. I am no A-lister nor am I a top model but boy, do I wish I were one now (more than ever) if it would mean I'd have enough money - $2850 to be exact - to get one of these... or two... or three.

1 comment:

  1. I am dying for a Celine bag! black or beige so basic, or whatever color just want one! I really like your blog, I feel identified with it!
    http://www.palcameraswest.com/celinebags/

    ReplyDelete